Spotting Fake GHD Straighteners & Fake GHD Websites
All customers should show extra caution when purchasing ghd straighteners, as a lot of people are trying to pass off the fake ghd straighteners as genuine ghd straighteners. There is sometimes very little to differentiate in appearance, genuine ghd straighteners to ghd fakes. The fake ghd straighteners can include authentic looking ghd packaging and a ghd hologram that are visible on the appliance.
I have a straightener, so how do I tell if itâ€™s genuine?
Many of the fake ghd websites offer their straighteners at a substantial price reduction compared to the genuine ghd websites.
- Price - If your straightener has been purchased for Â£40 - Â£50 then the chances are very high that you have bought a fake ghd.
- Materials - You will also notice that fake ghd hair straighteners are poorly made using low grade materials, these straighteners can not only damage your hair but they can also be dangerous to surfaces and break easily.
- Delivery â€“ If your ghd is being shipped from abroad then the chances are that you have bought a fake ghd. Many websites in china offer these low prices so keep an eye out for dispatch addresses and be aware that fake ghds coming from abroad usually take weeks to get delivered. Only buy from genuine UK retailers that are based in the UK and offer either next day delivery or delivery in 2 to 3 days.
- Fake ghd websites â€“ These are often easy to spot and the above three bullet points are the best ways to spot a fake ghd website. Look at the selling price, the delivery methods and expected time of delivery and also check the website for contact details and addresses. Many fake ghd websites donâ€™t publish their address details which is a key sign that they are selling counterfeit goods.
- Verify - To check if your ghd straightener is genuine simply use the click to verify button that is on all official ghd sites and register your product online using the ghd hologram verification. Genuine ghd straighteners also carry a 24 month manufacturerâ€™s guarantee.
I am looking on ebay and want to get my ghd straightener from there, how can I see if itâ€™s from genuine ghd retailers?
A large proportion of fake and counterfeit straighteners (such as the Mark 4) are sold through fake ghd websites and online auction sites like eBay. If you feel that the price is very good and less than the general market price then it is likely to be a fake ghd hair straightener and an indication of a poor quality straightener.
People trying to sell these fake ghd hair straighteners will try and hook you in by saying that the products has its holograms and security seals, but this alone does not mean that it is a genuine ghd straightener.
Also look at who you are buying from, if you are buying from someone based in Hong Kong that is shipping from there then that is also likely to be a fake ghd.
The best way to be sure that you are getting a genuine ghd straightener is to look on the official ghd site and buy from the ghd genuine retailers, of which we only compare on this site!
What do I do? I have just bought a mark 4 straightener on eBay and it seems fake?
There are a number of steps you should immediately concentrate on such as:
- Email the eBay seller and demand a refund
- Let eBay know about the item you have bought and that you believe it is a fake ghd straightener. Selling fake products is illegal
- If you have paid for your item through PayPal, see if they will aid you in getting the money back you paid for the fake ghd.
You should also subsequently notify ghd here of this forgery and they will take action against the eBay seller.
The bad news is that the ghd straightener you have is not under any kind of guarantee as it is not a genuine product.
Known Counterfeit Sites
In conjuction with ghdhair.com - the Official ghd site
The above websites have been marked as counterfeit by ghd. ghd & compare-ghd.com recommend that you do not buy from these sites.
compare-ghd.com works constantly with ghd to ensure this list is constantly updated.